The IP.com Prior Art Database
© Michael Wollowski, Robert Signorelli, Chris Barell
English (United States)
4 pages / 36.0 KB
A Method and System for User Initiated Repeat Purchases via the Internet
A method and system for user initiated repeat purchases via the internet is provided.
A user opens a dedicated client to instantly order goods as specified by their preferences. The client sends a unique identifier to a server where the associated account(s) is retrieved. Once successfully identified, the user’s purchase preferences and delivery/billing information are accessed from their account which is located on the server. Based on the preferences, goods and services are provided for the user and their account is automatically charged. All of this occurs with zero interaction from the user outside of opening the client (most commonly a web site).
US patent: 5,960,411 Sept. 1999 Hartman at al.
- A method of placing a purchase order for goods comprising of a client-server system in which:
- In response to simply opening a client (typically a web page), the submission of an account identifier (typically a coded string) to the server system is triggered.
- Orders to purchase goods as stored in the preferences of the account associated with the identifier received by the request are generated.
- The system fulfills the generated order to complete purchase of the goods.
- The goods
are ordered without using a shopping cart ordering model and without any
interaction beyond opening the client.
- A storage component including
i. A data storage medium storing billing information for a plurality of accounts.
ii. A data storage medium storing the shipping/delivery information for a plurality of accounts.
iii. A data storage medium storing the purchasing preferences for each individual account.
- A receiving component for receiving requests to order a good that receives a request including only an indication of one (or many) of the plurality of accounts; the request sent in response to the client being opened.
- An order placement component that retrieves all relevant transaction data for the indicated user from the data storage medium
order fulfillment component that completes a purchase of the goods in
accordance with the preferences stored in the data storage medium.
- A setup component which enables/disables the service and allows customizations to the service.
data storage medium that includes information required to uniquely identify
one (or few) of the plurality of accounts in the server system.
A user creates an a...