Your privacy is important to IP.com. This policy discloses the information practices for IP.com on the web, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
In general, you can visit IP.com on the Internet without telling us who you are and without providing any personal information. There are times, however, when we or our partners may need information from you. By providing this information you are giving us explicit consent to use your personal information in the ways described below.
You may choose to give us personal information in a variety of situations. For example, you may want to give us information, such as your name and address or e-mail, to correspond with you, to process an order, or to provide you with a subscription to our services. You may give us your credit card details to buy something from us. We intend to let you know how we will use such information before we collect it from you; if you tell us that you do not want us to use this information to make further contact with you beyond fulfilling your requests, we will respect your wishes. If you give us personal information about somebody else, such as a spouse or work colleague, we will assume that you have their permission to do so.
We may use personal information that is coupled with general information and performance data to improve your experience on our site by providing you with information that is relevant to you. We may also use personal information we collect to provide you with information about other products or services offered by IP.com. If you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications, you can opt out by using the contact form linked to below. Please allow a reasonable amount of time for us to process your request.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to non-affiliated third parties unless:
- a) We have your permission;
- b) We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our site or contacting us. Such information includes your name, address, telephone number, fax number and email address;
- Information collected through the use of user surveys regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences for research purposes in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services. However, you do not have to respond to these surveys;
- General information including non-personal information from visitors to the site. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed or left the site, and which pages viewed;
- Performance data; and
- Information about the equipment and communications method you use to access the internet and the Site.
We, our affiliates, partners, successors, subcontractors and agents require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and which are described on our site. If you have ordered printed material from our site or contacted us our representatives may follow up by email, phone, or mail and send you information about new developments or activities which we think may be of interest to you;
- To create de-identified information – that is, information about you that has been combined with information about others who use the site, with general information and with performance data – for a broad range of purposes. All personal information about you and about other users has been removed from this de-identified information before we use it for any purpose. Examples of the ways in which we may use this information include:
- We may use de-identified information to assist in the development of new programs and services;
- We may use de-identified information to keep you informed and up to date about us;
- We may use de-identified general data to determine characteristics of visitors to our Site, to help us serve our customers in the most useful way possible and to help market IP.com;
- We may use any of this de-identified data in presentations, research and other related materials;
- We may use any of this data in aggregate form to analyze trends; and
- We may use any of this data to monitor and analyze site traffic and usage patterns and to improve the content and content delivery.
If your e-mail address or account is affiliated with an organization with which IP.com has a business relationship, IP.com may provide that organization with information about your account usage and may link your account to that organization’s account. Depending on the nature of the business relationship with IP.com, certain other policies and agreements may apply.
We also sometimes collect information from visits to IP.com to help us provide better customer service. For example, we may keep track of the domains from which people visit, and we also measure visitor activity on IP.com, but we do so in ways that keep the information personally non-identifiable. This information is sometimes known as "clickstream data." IP.com or others on IP.com's behalf may use this data to analyze trends and statistics, and to help us provide better customer service.
In some cases IP.com uses suppliers to collect, use, analyze and otherwise process information on its behalf. It is IP.com's practice to require such suppliers to handle information in a manner consistent with IP.com's policies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure, we have put in place suitable and commercially reasonable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
While we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, no set of security safeguards is guaranteed to be impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of any personal information you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
If you turn off cookies, other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.