IP.com is an intellectual property solutions provider that helps organizations make complex business decisions around their innovations. Our industry-leading portfolio of services enables businesses to increase revenue, optimize operations, and manage IP risk through insightful data analytics and publishing.
IP.com serves leading technology companies, research institutions and patent offices worldwide. The company now requires the talents of strong representatives who are:
- knowledgeable or willing to learn about innovation, analytics and intellectual property
- skilled in delivering consultative solutions that create client value
- savvy conversationalists who enjoy the challenge of initiating dialog with professionals
- take ownership of relationships and follow up with prospects in a meaningful, timely fashion
Successful candidates must be able to partner with prospects to explain an intangible solution and discuss use-cases involving sophisticated software and intellectual property services.
As a Business Development Representative, you will:
- Dial and/or email 50-80 prospects per day to generate qualified leads for the sales team and create opportunities to demonstrate our software and services online. With training, you will learn to conduct demonstrations yourself with certain prospects.
- Sources include: email campaigns, conference attendees, inbound web hits and assigned lists.
- Activity will be entered into SalesForce CRM software for tracking
- Conduct consultative conversations to learn about a prospect’s needs, organizational structure, decision process, and discuss how IP.com can help that client improve their innovation process through the use of our proprietary advanced analytics tools and services.
- Communicate with international prospects by email and sometimes by phone.
This position can lead to other sales and product positions. In our business-casual headquarters you will have daily interaction and frequent conversations with Company executives. This requires a gregarious demeanor and sound judgement, and can result in rewarding relationships and depth of knowledge.
If you are a high energy optimist who enjoys people and can pick up the phone every day and find leads, this position may be for you.
Come join one of Upstate New York’s fastest growing Software companies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 2 Years previous Inside, Telesales or related experience in software, media, insurance, consulting, or other intangible fields
- Highly organized with excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Results-oriented with a focus on teamwork
- Strong software skills or adaptability are essential (SalesForce, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word)
To apply to this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org