The IP.com Business Development Representative (BDR) enjoys finding, interviewing, and qualifying potential leads on the phone. Your chief responsibility is driving outbound lead generation and inbound lead qualification to deliver high-value appointments to the account managers at IP.com. BDRs are expected to understand lead generation techniques, how to work effectively with Marketing to shape campaigns and activities, and basic selling management tools e.g. utilization of Salesforce.com, marketing automation etc.
The Business Development Representative is an expert at researching companies and accurately identifying the target personas for outreach. In this role, you will engage senior executives in conversations about their intellectual property-related challenges and lay the groundwork for a fruitful conversation with sales. The BDR actively engages in cold-calling activities, although marketing efforts also provide warm leads to the team.
This position is considered critical for achieving our business goals and will work with other marketing and sales professionals across the business.
- Achieve appointment, discovery call, opportunity creation, and “won” deal metrics as an individual contributor and as part of an assigned territory team.
- Track activities and performance through Salesforce.com. Monitor activities daily to ensure targets are met
- Communicate all details of conversations via CRM to the Sales Team
- Display a basic understanding of the IP.com solution suite
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years working as a Business Development Representative contributor
- Proven track record meeting or exceeding lead and pipeline goals
- Hands-on experiences with Salesforce.com is required, with Marketing automation tools (e.g. Marketo) and other sales support tools
- Strong cold calling skills backed by past performance. You like to hunt for new opportunities and develop rapport/relationships with prospective, senior-level clients.
- Operationally-savvy, keeping your days and weeks highly organized, juggling new outbound efforts with following up on emails, engaging on social, etc.
- Lead generation is a dynamic environment where programs and initiatives change regularly. Candidates must demonstrate the flexibility to adapt to new initiatives within a short period of time.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You should work well as a part of a team and be highly motivated to achieve ambitious goals.
- Experience setting appointments for and/or selling Business Intelligence solutions or experience selling solutions focused on Intellectual Property a plus.
- Recent experience in software technology sales a plus.
- BS/BA degree in Business or Marketing
- Intellectual Property knowledge or experiences an asset
- Results-driven, with positive energy and sense of urgency
- Measurement-focused, especially for campaign efforts and lead tracking
- Enjoy cold-calling and the thrill of the chase
- Proven business-development contributor
- Excellent planning and management skills
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enjoy working with a local team, in office, in Rochester.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org