Location: Syracuse, NY or Rochester, NY
IP.com/TextWise is seeking a creative and self-driven research scientist to work on the semantic search and analytic solutions that help customers better find, analyze and understand structured and unstructured content. You will work with a team of scientists, software engineers, domain expertise and product managers to turn data into critical information and knowledge that help make business decisions.
- Model complex problems and discover insights and opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms to analyze and visualize data.
- Analyze and validate the results of experiments and communicate findings to managers.
- Work on semantic technologies and prototype solutions to improve search relevance.
- Design and conduct automated evaluation of the effectiveness of the algorithms in the semantic search systems and related applications.
- Investigate and elaborate techniques for representing the semantic content of natural language texts.
- BS in computer science or relevant technical field.
- Skilled in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a passion for empirical research and answering business questions.
- Experience in statistical modeling algorithms in natural language processing and text mining. Experience in language models and neural networks a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong programing skills in Java, C/C++, R, Python and experience in Linux environments. Experience with MySQL, Lucene, Solr, Hadoop, map reduce, distributed computing is a plus.
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
To apply to this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org