Discover important prior art to support litigation.
IP.com’s Patent Validity Search uncovers patents or other prior art, published before the earliest priority date of the target patent, which might render a granted patent invalid. We deliver a full validity/invalidity search report, a claims-mapping chart, and electronic copies of any cited prior art.
You should conduct a Patent Validity search to:
- Invalidate blocking patents
- Provide deterrents to NPE demand letters
- Complete due diligence regarding a patent, patent portfolio, or pending patent application
Our Patent Validity search includes:
- Published patent applications
- Non-patent literature
What we need from you:
- Patent number and earliest priority date for the target patent
- Specific claims you would like to invalidate
- Any known related art (often the results of earlier searches)
- Any additional information regarding litigation that could help guide the search strategy