The Account Executive works as a team member to grow sales and achieve an annual revenue plan. The position is the front line contact between the company and the customer and is responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close. The Account Executive develops and implements an agreed upon plan which meets both the personal and company goals of expanding the customer base and achieving customer satisfaction – all while respecting the company vision and values.
The ideal candidate should be able to discuss products and solutions in relation to the needs of the targeted application(s) at all levels of an organization, while at the same time understanding the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products. Candidate must be able to demonstrate IP.com’s products and services and draft high-quality proposals as a standard part of the sales process. Candidate for this position must have previous International Sales experience.
- Territory focus will be Eastern Canada and Europe.
- Utilizes proven sales strategies and methods in order to identify and secure new customer opportunities
- Communicates value of company solutions to key decision makers within prospective client organizations
- Achieves monthly and annual revenue goals (quota) and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential and existing customers, service existing accounts, obtain orders, follow-up on customer quotations, perform basic relationship building
- Designs business solutions from IP.com and partner offerings for current and prospective clients that will enhance their business and provide client with growth opportunities
- Makes cold calls and sources potential clients in order to develop a database of leads and referrals
- Works with marketing team to assist in the implementation of company marketing plans
- Researches trends and developments in primary industry through the use of related publications, internet and training sessions to maintain and grow current knowledgebase
- Understands and supports sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective quotations and treatment to all customers
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Prepares sales presentations and respond to requests for proposals; adjusts content for customer needs and product modifications
- Keeps product and general management informed by submitting activity and results reports including daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses
- Forecasts sales and plans the management of the assigned sales territory
- Represents the company at trade shows and industry events
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and making recommendations to product and general management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
TECHNOLOGY/ EQUIPMENT/ TOOLS
Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint, required
Familiarity with Salesforce preferred
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
Ability to travel as required; estimated at 35% or more.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or science with 5-7 years of International Software Sales experience focusing on consultative selling
- Experience in the Intellectual Property or Innovation space is a strong asset.
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
Skills and Competencies Requirement
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quota
- Have experience selling internet-based and SAAS products to International accounts
- Have demonstrated ability to sell software solutions across multiple groups in an organization
- Must have successfully sold to and maintained relationships with C-Level executives
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to support heavy travel requirements are essential
- Experience with at least one of the following software technologies: enterprise search, web content management, digital asset management, web analytics, multi-channel marketing solutions, e-commerce, portals, or web experience optimization
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external business partners at all levels
- Ability to understand complex business issues and recommend solutions based on Return on Investment analyses
To apply to this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org