As a Consulting Patent Analyst you will perform intellectual property research as part of a team focused in the areas of biotechnology, organic chemistry, pharmaceuticals, and inorganic chemistry. Your work will help our clients determine future requirements, investments and strategies related to their business.
This position is remote-based in the United States. The individual must be a US Citizen.
Analyze search requests in order to determine requirements develop and modify complex search strategies with Boolean Logic using a variety of web based Search engines such as Thomson Innovation, PatBase, Questel Orbit, or LexisNexis TotalPatent.
Successful candidates will have previous experience or extensive knowledge in the following scientific and technical areas:
- Experience in biosequence similarity searches in one or more of the following sequence databases (e.g. USGENE, DGENE, PCTGEN, GENBANK, Derwent Geneseq, Vector NTI).
- Familiarity with DNA/RNA/peptide materials, including structure, terms, and sequences a plus.
- Understanding of mutations, chimera, recombinant, transgenic, genetics terms and principles a plus.
- University degree in Molecular Biology, Molecular Biotechnology, Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry or a related scientific field, (earned Master’s degree OR PhD preferred).
- 10 or more years of experience in the field of pharmaceuticals desirable.
Intellectual Property related skills and experience:
- Previous experience with professional information searching in online databases (e.g. Derwent World Patent Index, Chemical Abstracts, patent full-text databases).
- Skilled in searching organic chemistry and other biological related subjects in STN, Dialog, and sequence related search tools.
- Leading edge knowledge of electronic tools and automation systems supporting patent research function.
- Ability to conduct accurate, comprehensive, cost-effective manual, online database and Internet searches within patent, medical, scientific, and technical literature, and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Good understanding of patent law.
IP.com is an intellectual property solutions provider that helps organizations make complex business decisions around their innovations. Our industry-leading portfolio of services enables businesses to increase revenue, optimize operations, and manage IP risk through insightful data analytics and publishing.
To apply to this position, please send your resume to email@example.com