We’re seeking a savvy engineering professional that understands all aspects of the product development lifecycle, with experience in research and development. The position reports to the Manager, Customer Success and will be responsible for growing revenue through:
- Technical sales support
- Customer onboarding
- Product support
- Customer upsells
- Cross-sells and renewals
- Assisting with the development of future product releases
The Customer Success Engineer regularly interacts with our sales force and management team, providing the opportunity for great visibility.
- Consultative Sales – ability to discover the customer’s core requirements and develop a customized configuration of IP.com solutions to best meet their needs. Passionate when making presentations and recommendations to senior-level executives.
- Analytics – experience with technology evaluation, large data analysis, search techniques, and technical document review.
- Engineering Product Development – familiarity with new product development, including research and innovation processes along with a strong technical background. Ability to converse enthusiastically on scientific and technical matters in a variety of disciplines with customers from a diverse variety of backgrounds.
- Patent & Intellectual Property – understanding of the value of patents to corporations & inventors as well as intellectual property creation and review processes.
- A “quick on your feet” nimbleness and the ability to answer “how-to” questions on the fly.
The Customer Success Engineer is a customer resource and subject matter expert primarily responsible for supporting sales and growing usage of IP.com products through personal engagement. Our knowledge and enthusiasm are differentiators in the market. Business knowledge of how IP.com solutions are relevant to customer use cases is critical. The Customer Success Engineer will command a deep product understanding, experience with new product development processes (especially the innovation of new products and solutions for problems), and extensive industry knowledge. The successful candidate will have the skills to train and respond to prospect and customer questions about how to use the product to drill down on competitive intelligence, mergers, and acquisitions, licensing, and patentability, and more.
IP.com is an intellectual property solutions provider that helps organizations make complex business decisions around their innovations. Our industry-leading portfolio of services enables businesses to increase revenue, optimize operations, and manage IP risk through insightful data, analytics, and defensive publishing.
IP.com has developed – and is developing – solutions and services that assist our clients in all aspects of the innovation process from ideation through patent maintenance and licensing:
- InnovationQ, our semantic search and analysis platform with access to over 120 million patent and technical literature documents.
- Insight Reports, advanced analytics and intelligence reports for patents.
- Automated Technology Knock-Out (“TKO”) software.
- An Augmented Brainstorming software platform for engineers.
- Prior Art Database, the world’s first and largest online disclosure service.
- Professional Services team that provides intellectual property searches in support of patent prosecution, patent infringement, and clearance/freedom to operate analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a science or engineering focus.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- The ability to travel worldwide (though travel is not expected to exceed 15% of total time, typically one trip per month).
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
Benefits, Work Environment and Tools Used
- Competitive salary and incentive structure
- 401(k) plan
- Work-Life balance
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Tools Used: SalesForce, Office, GoToMeeting, and Webex
IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.