Customer Success Manager-Product Specialist
IP.com is an intellectual property solutions provider that helps organizations make complex business decisions around their innovations. Our industry-leading portfolio of services enables businesses to increase revenue, optimize operations, and manage IP risk through insightful data analytics and publishing.
IP.com has three main product and service areas: InnovationQ, our semantic search and analytics platform; the Prior Art Database, the world’s first and largest on-line disclosure service; and our Research and Analytics team that provides intellectual property searches in support of patent prosecution, patent infringement, and clearance/freedom to operate analysis.
Our proprietary analytics, patented Semantic Gist® discovery engine, exclusive content, and professional services provide organizations with competitor, market, patent, and patent litigation intelligence that inform critical business decisions.
The Customer Success Manager is primarily responsible for supporting and growing customer usage of IP.com software through personal engagement. The Manager will command a deep product understanding and possess the skills to train and respond to prospect and customer ‘use’ questions about how to apply the product to, for example, competitive intelligence, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, and patentability. Business knowledge of how IP.com solutions are relevant to their use cases is important.
- Assist with scripting and producing training materials and programs for customers and internal users including: monthly product webinars, quarterly release notes and use-case trainings.
- Ensure customer expectations are properly set & provide support for technical kick-off meetings for each new customer.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of Semantic Gist®for common technical questions to educate customers and for inclusion in the product materials.
- Assist in demonstrations, product training, and customer support for InnovationQ, InnovationQ Plus, Analytics (Reports and Analyze), and the Prior Art Database.
- Drive product requirements by gathering data from customer engagement activities.
- Champion customer use case and feature requests; assist with prioritization of requested features, enhancements and bug fixes.
- Participate in appropriate product development exercises; be mindful of feature enhancements and degradations that may affect customers.
- Attend technology project progress meetings
- Participate in release testing for Gist and InnovationQ
- Assist engineering teams by providing expert technical support for customers and support personnel
- Identify opportunities for the up-sell or cross-sell of other IP.com solutions while interacting with customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in SalesForce, GoToMeeting and Webex
- Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a science or engineering major or minor.
- Candidate must be able to rapidly develop a working knowledge of intellectual property management and patenting that is typically gained through a minimum of 1 year of related intellectual property searching and/or patent portfolio management experience.
- Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Prior experience with patents or intellectual property is necessary
- Experience working with databases and queries highly desirable
- Ability to converse on scientific and technical matters in a variety of disciplines with customers from a diverse variety of both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency and good judgment in managing project priorities and workflow
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability in being proactive in planning and coordinating technical projects
- Creative and innovative team player
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
Work at office location in Fairport, NY.
- Must have ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with moderate to light noise, with standard office equipment available.
- The ability to travel in the USA and internationally (though travel is not expected to exceed 10% of total time)
To Apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.