Customer Success Specialist
IP.com is an intellectual property solutions provider that helps organizations make complex business decisions around their innovations. Our industry-leading portfolio of services enables businesses to increase revenue, optimize operations, and manage IP risk through insightful data analytics and publishing.
IP.com has three main product and service areas: InnovationQ, our semantic search and analytics platform; the Prior Art Database, the world’s first and largest on-line disclosure service; and our Research and Analytics team that provides intellectual property searches in support of patent prosecution, patent infringement, and clearance/freedom to operate analysis.
Our proprietary analytics, patented Semantic Gist® discovery engine, exclusive content, and professional services provide organizations with competitor, market, patent, and patent litigation intelligence that inform critical business decisions.
The Customer Success Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting and growing customer usage of IP.com software through personal engagement. The Specialist will command a deep product understanding, experience with new product development processes, extensive industry knowledge, and possess the skills to train and respond to prospect and customer questions about how to apply the product to, for example, competitive intelligence, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, and patentability. Business knowledge of how IP.com solutions are relevant to their company is important.
- Ensure customer expectations are properly set & provide support for technical kick-off meetings/on-boarding for each new customer.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of Semantic Gist® – IP.com’s proprietary semantic search engine – for common technical questions to educate customers.
- Provide technical and customer input for inclusion in product materials.
- Assist in demonstrations, product training, and customer support for all product lines.
- Work with and assist customers in understanding their use cases for Intellectual property search.
- Use industry knowledge and experience with new product development processes.
- Drive product requirements by gathering data from customer engagement activities.
- Champion customer feedback and feature requests; assist with prioritization of requested features, enhancements and bug fixes.
- Participate in appropriate product development exercises; be mindful of feature enhancements and degradations that may affect customers.
- Assist with scripting and producing training materials and programs for customers and internal users including: scheduled product webinars, quarterly release notes, and product trainings.
- Participate in release testing for Gist and InnovationQ.
- Providing expert technical support for customers and support personnel.
- Identify opportunities for the up-sell or cross-sell of other IP.com solutions while interacting with customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in SalesForce, MS Office, GoToMeeting and Webex
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a science, business, or engineering focus.
- Masters’ Degree preferred.
- The experienced candidate must be able to rapidly develop a working knowledge of intellectual property management and patenting that is typically gained through an existing patent portfolio, a minimum of 5 years of related intellectual property searching, and/or patent portfolio management experience.
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Prior experience with patents or intellectual property is necessary.
- Prior experience with new product development processes.
- Industry knowledge that can be used to assist customers improve the value obtained from InnovationQ.
- Consulting experience or experience making presentations and recommendations to organizations.
- Experience working with databases and queries/natural language search highly desirable.
- Ability to converse on scientific and technical matters in a variety of disciplines with customers from a diverse variety of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency and good judgment in managing project priorities and workflow.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability in being proactive in planning and coordinating technical projects.
- Creative and innovative team player.
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
- Work at office location in Fairport, NY.
- The ability to travel in the USA and internationally (though travel is not expected to exceed 10% of total time)
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) plan
- Work-Life balance
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.