Data Analyst and Customer Advocate
IP.com is an intellectual property services provider. We have four main product and service areas: InnovationQ, our semantic search and analytics platform; the Prior Art Database, the world’s first and largest on-line disclosure service; our Research and Analytics team that provides patent searches in support of patent prosecution, patent infringement, and clearance/freedom to operate analysis; and Insight Reports, which evaluate the strength of either a patent or an idea.
Our proprietary analytics, patented Semantic Gist® discovery engine, exclusive content, and professional services provide organizations with competitor, market, patent, and patent litigation intelligence that inform critical business decisions.
The Data Analyst & Customer Advocate manages the support and order entry systems and provides data support to the Sales & Marketing teams. Primary responsibilities include processing trials and orders, responding to customer inquiries, preparing data reports, leading data migration projects, ensuring data integrity between systems, and generating marketing contact lists.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of User Management, Target Process and Salesforce (systems used for subscription management and requests, projects and CRM).
- Understand and interpret data from these systems and manage data synchronization.
- Attention to detail and ability to think about the data in multiple dimensions (how the systems interact, source of record for each data element, and addressing data mismatches).
- Develop repeatable processes for generating key customer reports for management.
- Utilize Excel (macros, charts and graphs) to develop reports and generate lists for Sales (product usage), Executive team (board reports) and Marketing (email lists).
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Work with Sales Associates to ensure account and user data is accurate in Salesforce.
- Process trials, subscriptions and voucher orders for accounts, manage users associated with the accounts. Enter account and user data in Salesforce.
- Triage support queue – answer questions via email and phone, field questions to product specialists.
- Follow-up on open support issues to resolve on a timely basis.
- Assist with documentation of systems and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Salesforce required. Experience with support queue management software and Marketo desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a Business, Business Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related field of study
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Experience working in a Customer and Sales Support role
- Experience in interacting with clients on a daily basis
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to learn and utilize multiple computer systems
- Experience in data reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency and good judgment in managing project priorities and workflow
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability in being proactive, willingness to work on various projects as needed in addition to daily responsibilities
- Creative and innovative team player
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
- Work at office location in Fairport, NY.
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) plan
- Work-Life balance
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.