IP.com develops cutting-edge solutions for Inventors, Innovators, and Intellectual Property organizations and professionals. We design, build, and operate our own highly sophisticated SaaS platform to service our customers. Our core product, InnovationQ, includes our patented, proprietary search engine which uses advanced language modeling and deep learning techniques.
We are seeking a hard-working and detail-oriented Security / DevOps Engineer to expand and complement our operations staff. This role has a primary focus on computer and cloud security, with a secondary focus on DevOps activities. We are open to early-career candidates and recent graduates from Computer Security programs.
You will be expected to:
- Help to design and implement security in a hybrid on-prem / cloud environment supporting our industry-leading intellectual property search platform
- Assist in maintaining information security practices and procedures
- Build and maintain detection tools and techniques
- Work with both internal and external groups to ensure systems are securely integrated, configured, managed and supported in production
- Respond to incidents and work with operations and engineering personnel to resolve the problem and return systems to normal operating conditions
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends and make recommendations to correct deficiencies and deliver improvements
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to contribute to the continuous refinement of products, software development methodology, performance and availability monitoring, internal tools and anything else that helps IP.com expand its market-leading position.
- Provide deployment support for front end and backend systems
- Implement comprehensive monitoring to proactively identify potential performance bottlenecks, resource constraints, etc.
- Improve existing dev-ops solution to automate deployment and patching of systems and applications
Skills and Experience (the more the better):
- Experience securing a networked environment including firewalls, access management (MFA, SSO, AD, LDAP), group policy, audit log monitoring, PKI, etc.
- Experience in maintaining an ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) stack
- Experience working with information security compliance programs such as GDPR, SOC2, and PCI is a big plus
- Strong understanding of and practical hands-on knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and other cloud service providers
- Ability to research projects independently and shepherd them through design and implementation with minimal direction
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong software development background
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux (particularly Ubuntu)
- Experience in an agile software environment
- Linux scripting and automation skills
- Development team experience – working closely with development teams while also managing production systems.
- Monitoring, configuration management and deployments – diverse experience in monitoring, trending, configuration and deployment management with software like Prometheus, Grafana, ansible
- Virtualization experience
- Familiarity with MySQL configuration, optimization, master slave replication, and backup
- Experience setting up logging and monitoring for web servers and related services
- Ability to design, test, and ultimately implement a disaster recovery plan
- 1-3+ years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in computer security, software engineering, computer science, or computer & information systems
IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.