We’re seeking a savvy marketing professional that understands all aspects of the B2B marketing mix including inbound marketing, SEO, social media management and blogging, technical content development, email marketing, PR and media relations. We need a strong technical writer familiar with making the complex simple for distribution via multiple channels. The position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be responsible for leading the company’s day-to-day strategic and task-based marketing efforts. The Marketing Manager regularly interacts with our sales force and management team, providing the opportunity for great visibility.
IP.com targets the following markets:
- Patent professionals (patent attorneys, innovation leaders, technology transfer offices, licensing professionals)
- University Research Departments
- Research Development professionals and Engineers
- Competitive Intelligence professionals
- Corporate Strategists
IP.com is an intellectual property solutions provider that helps organizations make complex business decisions around their innovations. Our industry-leading portfolio of services enables businesses to increase revenue, optimize operations, manage IP risk through insightful data, and analytics and publishing.
IP.com has three main product and service areas: InnovationQ, our semantic search and analytics platform; the Prior Art Database, the world’s first and largest on-line disclosure service; and our Professional Services team that provides intellectual property searches in support of patent prosecution, patent infringement, and clearance/freedom to operate analysis.
Our proprietary analytics, patented Semantic Gist® discovery engine, exclusive content, and professional services provide organizations with competitor, market, patent, and patent litigation intelligence that inform critical business decisions.
- Create marketing materials, including, but not limited to:
- Print and digital sell sheets
- Print and digital presentations
- Print and digital proposals
- Print and digital advertisements
- Business cards and stationary
- Trade show materials including banners
- Email blasts
- Develop content for website pages, social media, blog posts, e-books, videos, press releases, and more
- Develop an expert understanding of our product buying audience and the markets we serve
- Become a subject matter expert of the products and services offered by IP.com
- Create and oversee marketing campaigns; coordinate with sales and other internal teams on follow up, metrics and results
- Coordinate events, including trade shows, customer events, internal events
- Keep track of marketing spending within an outlined budget
- Proficiency in Adobe suite (Photoshop and InDesign required)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel required)
- Proficiency in CMS, particularly WordPress, required
- Familiarity with blogging and social media management required
- Expert proficiency with CRM systems, particularly Salesforce.com
- Expert proficiency with marketing automation, particularly Marketo or Pardot
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and SEO a plus
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing or relevant marketing experience, plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in a B2B technology/software environment
- Masters degree in Marketing, Product Development, or Business Administration a plus
- Skills and Competency Requirements
- Ability to digest and distill technical content into easy-to-understand business materials
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external business partners at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of marketing principles
- Ability to conduct market research, competitive intelligence
- Software as a Service (SaaS) sales and marketing understanding
- Ability to write professional reports and business correspondence
- Outstanding organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet project deadlines with attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to participate, learn and contribute
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- 401(k) plan
- Work-Life balance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
Work at office location in Fairport, NY.
- Must have ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with moderate to light noise, with standard office equipment available.
To Apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.