IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Application Development Manager
IP.com develops cutting-edge solutions for corporations, universities, and professionals who invent, innovate, or are involved in the innovation life cycle. We design, build, and operate a highly sophisticated SaaS platform to service our customers. Our products include our patented, proprietary retrieval engine which uses advanced language modeling and deep learning techniques. We are seeking a creative and passionate Application Development Manager to expand and complement our software development team. We are looking for a topnotch contributor and a team player. This person will assist in building and expanding our customer-facing web-based application software.
You will be expected to …
- Manage the people, resources and processes required to deliver new software or upgrade existing products.
- Work closely with product managers to identify requirements for new software programs.
- Have experience in back-end web development, RESTful APIs, relational database systems, and contribute as needed depending on the task at hand.
- Understand web applications including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Independently research and develop solutions to problems.
- Organize your work to juggle multiple tasks on aggressive timelines.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
Your tasks will include …
- Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Creating well-designed, testable, and efficient implementations using best practices.
- Cooperating with graphic and UI/UX designers to match visual and logical design intent.
- Implementing website layouts and user interfaces using standard techniques.
- Integrating data and functionality from multiple back-end services and databases.
- Creating and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Monitoring the progress / performance of team members against strategic targets and help address any obstacles or provide mentoring/training, if necessary.
- Providing aggressive problem diagnosis and applying creative problem-solving skills.
- Final arbiter of technical and architectural issues.
- Staying current on emerging technologies/industry trends and applying them to your operations and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Five years of experience developing web software / solutions.
- Two years of experience managing application programmers.
- Solid programming fundamentals, including general knowledge of system and cloud architectures, data structures, security, distributed systems, and optimization.
- Strong Leadership, Management and Customer Service skills.
- Great analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
Other Requirements, Environment, and Benefits
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (“Green Card holder”).
- Must have the ability to travel within the continental U.S. (though travel is uncommon).
- Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with moderate to light noise, with standard office equipment available.
- Benefits include 401(k) Plan; Medical, Dental and Life Insurance; Health Savings Account; Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts; Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.