IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Associate Product Manager
IP.com seeks a creative and growth-focused individual who can help drive our global suite of innovation solutions. This position offers fast-moving, interesting, and dynamic insights into our innovation solutions. The Associate Product Manager is responsible for supporting product planning and plan execution throughout the product lifecycle of IP.com’s offerings in a manner that results in achievement of the annual revenue and net income plan. Reporting to the Product Manager, and under the guidance of and review by the Product Manager, the Associate Product Manager’s deliverables include articulating an understanding of the competitive landscape, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision in a cohesive, compelling, and profitable manner that inspires colleagues and all customers.
The Associate Product Manager is a “Domain Expert” for IP.com’s offerings and works closely with Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Customer Support to ensure revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction goals are met. The ability to successfully navigate cross-functional teams is critical. The Associate Product Manager provides support to the Product Manager’s focus on innovation content (public, proprietary and financial) and the definition and automation of analytics enabled by that content as it relates to the innovation lifecycle of IP.com’s offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Product Manager in identifying key market, competitor and information technology issues and translate those issues into product concepts, business/revenue models and plans (What need does the solution address? How does the solution create value for the client?). Drive client insights/knowledge during the design process with continual validation of product concept, design, pricing, use cases, distribution strategy and solution.
- Design upon consultation with the Product Manager effective strategies for ensuring customer and market-driven input to product plans (Voice of Customer, market research, partner programs).
- Work with the Product Manager to define and maintain a three-year product roadmap and design effective communication techniques to communicate near-and long-term objectives.
- Coordinate with the Product Manager in developing and maintaining business cases for the product and initiatives, including aligned revenue, margin and investment targets.
- Assist the Product Manager with new product development and rollout activities through cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Technology counterparts (and, as applicable, content and/or channel partners) to arrive at product details – pricing, positioning, promotion, etc.
- Accompany sales representatives on prospect/customer calls and assist in closing sales; train the sales force regarding the features and client benefits of the product and how it couples with other IP.com products as an integrated solution set.
- Work with the Product Manager to ensure pricing and distribution strategies and sales and service competencies and training are in place for the product.
- Write product Whitepapers and assist in making build/buy/partner decisions for related capabilities/components.
- Enter user stories into Target Process.
- Maintain and prioritize backlog of user stories for product development.
- Generate new user stories to document development requirements.
Assist in communicating requirements for user stories soliciting input from sales, technology, and other departments as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with one to three years of product or relevant sales or user experience in the innovation industry. MBA and Intellectual property and software expertise are desirable.
- Proven ability to understand customers and markets and translate user needs into the product and business strategies.
- Ability to understand and articulate the technical features, end use, and performance/solution benefits of the product.
- Skill in guiding the overall process of building a product from concept to delivery.
- Ability to gain a full understanding of price/value relationship of the product.
- Strong knowledge of competitors (and/or potential distribution partners) and their products with understanding of the needs in the global marketplace.
- Highly ambitious, self-motivated with a results-oriented approach to work and the ability to act as a leader within the company.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to think creatively and contribute to both strategic and tactical decisions.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical ability; translate concepts into concise and meaningful solutions.
- Excellent market and customer facing presence.
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship
- Ability to travel as required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.