IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Business Development Representative (Inside Sales)
IP.com is helping the world’s most creative companies accelerate the pace of innovation. The chief responsibility of the IP.com Business Development Representative (BDR) is driving outbound lead generation of new business leads to deliver high-value appointments to the Senior Account Executives which results in meeting company-wide growth goals through increased revenues. BDRs will be trained on lead generation techniques, prospecting best practices, IP.com product pitches, and sales acceleration and tracking tools. Successful candidates are expected to grow into Junior Account Executive, Customer Success, or Product roles.
The Business Development Representative will aggressively pursue new business opportunities via outbound outreach to prospective clients proactively identifying client needs and additional opportunities. The BDR will become proficient at researching companies and accurately identifying the target personas for outreach. In this role, you will engage senior executives in conversations and via email about their intellectual property- and innovation cycle- related challenges to lay the groundwork for a fruitful conversation with sales.
This position is considered critical for achieving our business goals.
- Achieve appointment, opportunity creation, and “won” deal metrics as an individual contributor and as part of an assigned territory team
- Research new avenues of business and leads to increase sales numbers
- Provide an exceptional client experience through continuous contact and follow through
- Track activities and performance through Salesforce.com. Monitor activities daily to ensure targets are met
- Communicate all details of conversations via CRM to the Sales Team
- Collaborate with Marketing on ideas for conference attendance and promotional ideas based upon prospect feedback
- Understand the high-level value propositions of the IP.com solution suite
- Understand key competitors and how our solutions can provide a superior experience to our clients by creating value and reducing expenses
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with sales-related, business administration, cold-calling, or B2B environment experience a plus
- Exceptional presentation, interpersonal, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Solid understanding, knowledge, and skills in sales techniques and practices
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Ability to qualify, identify, and clarify client needs through effective questioning and listening
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information and evaluate external client needs as they correlate to company services
- Operationally-savvy, keeping your days and weeks highly organized, juggling new outbound efforts with lead list development
- A team player who enjoys achieving ambitious goals and participating in a culture of responsiveness to strengthen relationships and ensure the needs and time of others are met and respected
- Recent experience in software technology sales a plus
- BS/BA degree
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
- Results-driven, with positive energy and sense of urgency
- Enjoy cold-calling and the thrill of the chase
- Self-motivated, goal oriented
- Excellent planning and management skills
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enjoy working with a local team, in office, in Rochester.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.