IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Customer Success Engineer
Join a highly skilled Customer Success team dedicated to helping our customers understand and solve business problems related to research, competitive intelligence and monetizing innovation.
The Customer Success Engineer will assist customers apply our solutions to competitive intelligence, innovation reviews, engineering design, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, and patentability.
Principle objective of the Success team is to foster renewals and upsells while gaining a deeper understanding of our customers and their business needs.
IP.com is an intellectual property solutions provider that helps organizations make complex business decisions around their innovations. Our industry-leading portfolio of services enables businesses to increase revenue, optimize operations, manage IP risk through insightful data, and analytics and publishing.
IP.com has three main product and service areas: InnovationQ, our semantic search and analytics platform; the Prior Art Database, the world’s first and largest on-line disclosure service; and our Professional Services team that provides intellectual property searches in support of patent prosecution, patent infringement, and clearance/freedom to operate analysis.
Our proprietary analytics, patented Semantic Gist® discovery engine, exclusive content, and professional services provide organizations with competitor, market, patent, and patent litigation intelligence that inform critical business decisions.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of IP.com’s innovation solutions.
- Assist in product demonstrations, product training, and customer support for all product lines.
- Involvement with the full end to end sales process, including assisting with solution design, objection handling, customer needs analysis, and helping to close deals.
- Champion customer feedback and feature requests; assist with prioritization of requested features, enhancements, bug fixes, and development of new solutions.
- Work with and assist customers in understanding their workflow for Intellectual Property search.
- Use industry knowledge and experience with new product development processes to assist our customers.
- Identify opportunities for the up-sell or cross-sell of other IP.com solutions while interacting with customers.
- Assist with scripting and producing training materials and programs for customers, partners, and internal users including: scheduled product webinars, quarterly release notes, and product trainings.
- Provide expert technical support for customers and support personnel.
- Successful candidates have a strong potential to and will be encouraged to advance to direct sales positions at IP.com.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Client Relationship Management Software (i.e. Salesforce) and MS Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a science, business, or engineering focus.
- Masters’ Degree preferred.
Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Complete understanding of the New Product Development process, including:
- How products are developed and launched at large companies
- The types of decisions that need to be made by development managers
- The types of data they are looking to consider when making decisions
- Relevant experience in Product Development, demonstrated with a position in System Engineering, subsystem Engineering, Research, or Product Management.
- Experience with software development, Software as a Service (SaaS), and Cloud based software architecture is a plus.
- Patent Experience, especially how patents are used by companies, how new ideas are reviewed, and how patents help companies protect their research investments.
- Experience with patent searches and licensing is a bonus.
- Customer experience with large enterprises, with a focus on sales support, technical problem solving, and/or consulting.
- Ability to converse on scientific and technical matters in a variety of disciplines with customers from a diverse variety of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Consulting experience or experience making presentations and recommendations to organizations.
- Experience working with databases and queries/natural language search highly desirable.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency and good judgment in managing project priorities and workflow.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Familiarity with all stages of the sales process, including pricing, contracting, lead generation, relationship management, and closing deals.
- Creative and innovative team player.
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
Work at office location in Fairport, NY.
Remote work will also be considered, with additional travel requirements.
The ability to travel in the USA and internationally (though travel is not expected to exceed 10% of total time).
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) plan
- Work-Life balance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com