IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Editing Services Associate (Temporary Position)
The Editing Services Associate performs copy editing and technical writing services to generate clear invention disclosure documents for defensive publication to IP.com’s Prior Art Database (PAD). The position requires strong writing and editing skills, focusing on organization of concepts, appropriate level of content, design of process steps, proper formatting, correct mechanics, readability, as well as other client requirements. The Editing Services Associate must consistently produce high quality work and meet expectations for a good rate of productivity. This position reports to the Editing Services Product Manager.
IP.com is an intellectual property solutions provider that helps organizations make complex business decisions around their innovations. Our industry-leading portfolio of services enables businesses to increase revenue, optimize operations, manage IP risk through insightful data analytics, and protect their innovations with editing and publishing services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing line editing, substantive editing, and some rewriting of descriptive technical content
- Generating a clear, concise, final defensive publications from the original file(s), suitable for public consumption
- Following a workflow between the client and IP.com that meets the client’s objectives
- Interfacing with clients and/or subject matter experts for draft submission and review cycles
- Accessing and working within client document management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, or related area
- Proven working experience in technical writing, instructional documentation, or similar
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying attention to detail
- Ability to present complex technical concepts in easily consumable formats
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong and up-to-date knowledge of writing standards and editing rules
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience working with subject matter experts
- Experience with customer service, client interaction
- Familiarity with the patenting process, invention disclosures, and defensive publication a plus
- Experience with document management systems a plus
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship
Additional Position details:
- In this Temporary role, hours vary (20-30 hrs./week)
- Weeks needed may vary
- On-site training in the Fairport, NY office
- Regular work is remote
- Preferred candidates are in the greater Rochester, NY area
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.