IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Editing Services Associate (Part-Time)
The Editing Services Associate performs copy editing and technical writing services to generate clear invention disclosure documents for defensive publication to IP.com’s Prior Art Database (PAD). The position requires strong writing and editing skills, focusing on organization of concepts, appropriate level of content, design of process steps, proper formatting, correct mechanics, easy readability, etc., as well as other client requirements. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
IP.com is an intellectual property solutions provider that helps organizations make complex business decisions around their innovations. Our industry-leading portfolio of services enables businesses to increase revenue, optimize operations, manage IP risk through insightful data, and analytics and publishing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defining a workflow between the client and IP.com that meets the client’s objectives
- Interfacing with client/client point of contact and/or subject matter experts for draft submission and review cycle
- Accessing and working within client content management systems
- Generating a clear, concise, final invention disclosure from the original file(s), suitable for public consumption
- Tracking incoming and completed work per established processes
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, or related area
- Proven working experience in copy editing, technical writing, instructional documentation, or similar
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong and up-to-date knowledge of writing standards and editing rules
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
Additional Position details:
- Part-time (20-25 hrs./week)
- Remote, with occasional days in the Fairport, NY office
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org