IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
IP.com/TextWise is seeking a creative and self-driven research scientist to work on the semantic search and analytic solutions that help customers better find, analyze and understand structured and unstructured content. You will work with a team of scientists, software engineers, domain expertise and product managers to turn data into critical information and knowledge that help make business decisions.
Syracuse, NY or Rochester, NY
- Model complex problems and discover insights and opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms to analyze and visualize data.
- Analyze and validate the results of experiments and communicate findings to managers.
- Work on semantic technologies and prototype solutions to improve search relevance.
- Design and conduct automated evaluation of the effectiveness of the algorithms in the semantic search systems and related applications.
- Investigate and elaborate techniques for representing the semantic content of natural language texts.
- BS in computer science or relevant technical field.
- Skilled in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a passion for empirical research and answering business questions.
- Experience in statistical modeling algorithms in natural language processing and text mining. Experience in language models and neural networks a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong programing skills in Java, C/C++, R, Python and experience in Linux environments. Experience with MySQL, Lucene, Solr, Hadoop, map reduce, distributed computing is a plus.
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com