IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Senior Account Executive
ABOUT THIS ROLE
IP.com is helping the world’s most aggressive companies accelerate the pace of innovation.
Research and Development professionals, University Researchers, Engineers, and Intellectual Property practitioners are among the world’s most creative individuals leading the discovery of new medical devices, modes of transportation, software, energy, and more which are improving the way we live. IP.com, whose patents are foundational to the development of Artificial Intelligence, uses that unique capability to enable solutions which help researchers, engineers, patent professionals, and others in the lab, at the office, or in their home innovate faster and more efficiently.
If you have experience with tools that help engineers, researchers, and intellectual property professionals work better and faster, the interpersonal skills to explain how using those tools can facilitate their work, the drive to build new relationships, and if you want to be an important member of a growing, global solutions provider, we want you on our team.
The Senior Account Executive works as a team leader to grow sales and achieve an annual revenue plan within a specified territory. The position is the frontline contact between the company and the customer and is responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close. The Senior Account Executive develops and implements an agreed-upon plan which meets both the personal and company goals of expanding the customer base and achieving customer satisfaction – all while respecting the company vision and values.
The ideal candidate should be able to discuss products and solutions in relation to the needs of the targeted application(s) at all levels of an organization, while at the same time understanding the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products. Candidate must be able to demonstrate IP.com’s products and services and draft high-quality proposals as a standard part of the sales process.
- Utilize proven sales strategies and methods to identify and secure new customer opportunities
- Communicate value of company solutions to key decision makers within prospective client organizations
- Achieve monthly and annual revenue goals (quota) and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential and existing customers, service existing accounts, obtain orders, follow-up on customer quotations, and build client relationships
- Design business solutions for current and prospective clients that will enhance their business and provide client with growth opportunities
- Make cold calls and source potential clients to develop a database of leads and referrals
- Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in industry using related publications, internet, and training sessions
- Understand and support sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective quotations and treatment to all customers
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities
- Participate and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Prepare sales presentations and respond to requests for proposals; adjusts content for customer needs and product modifications
- Keep product and general management informed by submitting activity and results reports including weekly work plans, and quarterly / annual territory analyses
- Forecast sales and plan the management of the assigned sales territory
- Represent the company at trade shows and industry events
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to product and general management
- Perform other related duties as assigned
TECHNOLOGY/ EQUIPMENT/ TOOLS
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint, and Teams required
- Familiarity with Salesforce required
- Familiarity of other sales tools such as Salesloft a plus
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
- Ability to travel as required; estimated at 35% or more
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field, with 5-7 years of Sales experience focusing on consultative selling
- Experience in the Intellectual Property or Innovation space is a strong asset
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship
Skills and Competencies Requirement
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quota
- Have experience selling internet-based and SaaS products to both US and International accounts
- Have demonstrated ability to sell software solutions across multiple groups in an organization
- Must have successfully sold to and maintained relationships with C-Level executives
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to support travel requirements are essential
- Experience with at least one of the following software technologies: enterprise search, web content management, digital asset management, web analytics, multi-channel marketing solutions, e-commerce, portals, or web experience optimization
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external business partners at all levels
- Ability to understand complex business issues and recommend solutions based on Return-on-Investment analyses
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.