IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Senior Engineering Manager
TextWise develops a cutting-edge search engine using advanced language modeling and deep learning techniques. Our Semantic Gist platform powers IP.com’s cutting-edge solutions for corporations, universities, and professionals who invent, innovate, or are involved in the innovation life cycle.
We are seeking a dedicated and innovative Senior Engineering Manager to lead a team of developers, provide technical leadership, and contribute to any and all aspects of our software platform. We offer an exciting opportunity to work with a small, talented team on state of the art information retrieval technology.
You will be expected to …
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with product management to plan, estimate, and prioritize projects.
- Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives and have an impact at an organizational level.
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager.
- Deliver highly performing, low latency, robust code with high test coverage, continuous integration, and production monitoring.
- Independently research and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Assess employee performance, address under-performance, and promote excellent performance.
- Work to grow the team, by sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, with eight years of relevant experience.
- Three years of experience managing a software development team.
- Proficiency in modern C++.
- Strong programming fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, concurrent programming, distributed systems, optimization, and different programming paradigms.
- Knowledge of and experience with scalable, distributed systems.
- Knowledge of algorithms for information retrieval, machine learning, and natural language processing.
- Experience with REST web service design and development.
- Experience with common Linux command line tools.
Other Requirements, Environment, and Benefits
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (“Green Card holder”).
- Must have the ability to travel within the continental U.S. (though travel is uncommon).
- Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Benefits include 401(k) Plan; Medical, Dental and Life Insurance; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts; Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.