IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Senior Software Engineer
IP.com develops cutting-edge solutions for Inventors, Innovators, and Intellectual Property organizations and professionals. We design, build and operate our own highly sophisticated SaaS platform to service our customers. Our flagship product, InnovationQ, includes our patented, proprietary search engine which uses advanced language modeling and deep learning techniques.
We are seeking a creative and passionate Senior Software Engineer to expand and complement our development staff. We are looking for a technical team leader and contributor who will lead the implementation of a new product. This new application, called Aubri (which comes from Augmented Brainstorming), interacts with many other components in our system and many stakeholders in our enterprise.
You will be expected to:
- Collaborate with others on all aspects of development and implementation, from design to testing.
- Troubleshoot errors or performance issues in our production and other environments to help with root cause identification and resolution.
- Independently research and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Give estimates for your and your team’s deliverables and meet them.
Your tasks will include:
- Taking a highly contributory leadership position in the programming and implementation of Aubri.
- Responding to and enhancing Aubri based on a roadmap provided by product management.
- Consistently keeping an eye on improving reliability, security, compliance, and any required integration with internal or third-party tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency with HTML/CSS and familiarity with CSS pre-processors such as LESS.
- Experience with REST web service design and development.
- Experience with SQL-based databases.
- Strong programming fundamentals, including knowledge of data structures, security, architecture, concurrent programming, distributed systems, and optimization.
- Any skill set or experience that can help us that isn’t shared by a present member of our team.
- Experience integrating and possibly modifying open-source or other third-party projects.
- Experience using and adapting a UI framework (such as a Bootstrap-based one) into a full-blown application.
Other Requirements, Environment, and Benefits:
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (“Green Cardholder”).
- Must have the ability to travel within the continental U.S. (though travel is uncommon).
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with moderate to light noise, with standard office equipment available.
- Benefits include 401(k) Plan; Medical, Dental and Life Insurance; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending, and Dependent Care Accounts; Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org