IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
TextWise develops a cutting-edge search engine using advanced language modeling and deep learning techniques. Our Semantic Gist platform powers IP.com’s intellectual property search and analytics product, InnovationQ.
We are seeking a creative and passionate Software Engineer to develop visualizations that unlock the value of our data modeling. We offer an exciting opportunity to work with a talented team on cutting-edge machine learning technology.
You will be expected to:
- Develop the architecture and design of complex web applications
- Research and advocate for particular front-end technologies, frameworks, libraries, and tools appropriate to the tasks at hand
- Collaborate with the team on all aspects of software development, from design to testing
- Give estimates for your deliverables, and meet them
More specifically, we are looking for someone who will:
- Take ownership of the core of our visualization dashboard engine, adding features, fixing bugs, and improving performance
- Enhance visualizations that interact with one another and expose insights into our data
- Work with another engineer on an application that manages the deployment, patching, configuration, and monitoring of the web services and systems that make up our platform
- Develop new search tools to allow data exploration and discovery through a combination of textual and graphical interfaces
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Solid programming fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, distributed systems, and optimization
- Experience using common Linux command line tools
- Understanding of what makes an effective data visualization
- Any skill set or experience that can help us and isn’t shared by a present member of our team. We are looking for a diversity of skills, experiences and viewpoints.
- Python proficiency
- Production experience with d3.js
- Demonstrated experience using webGL, js Streams, and Web Workers
- Solid grasp of math and statistics
Other Requirements and Benefits:
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (“Green Card holder”) to comply with ITAR/Export Control regulations.
- Benefits include 401(k) Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts; Paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org