IP.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, medical condition, marital status, or any other factor prohibited by federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws.
Technical Customer Support Rep
If you are passionate about providing a great customer experience, we need to talk. IP.com is an intellectual property services provider. IP.com provides solutions and services that assist our clients in all aspects of the innovation process from ideation through patent maintenance and licensing.
Our proprietary services provide organizations with intellectual property analytics that inform critical business decisions.
The Technical Customer Support Rep manages the support and order entry systems and provides user data support to the Sales team. Primary responsibilities include enabling InnovationQ trials and subscriptions, adding publishing vouchers, running usage reports, and responding to customer support questions.
- Process trials, subscriptions, and voucher orders for accounts, manage users associated with the accounts.
- Enter account and user data in Salesforce.
- Triage support queue – answer questions via email and phone, field questions to Customer Success team.
- Follow-up on open support issues to resolve on a timely basis.
- Run product usage data reports. Utilize Excel macros, charts, and graphs to prepare customer and reports.
- Work with Sales Associates to ensure account and user data is accurate in Salesforce.
- Provide Sales support as needed (pulling usage reports, trial info, etc.)
- Maintain customer-facing knowledge base for common technical questions.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of internal user management and Salesforce (systems used for subscription management and requests, projects, and CRM).
- Assist with documentation of systems and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and one or more CRM systems
1. Education Requirements
Associate’s Degree or higher, preferably with a software programming or engineering focus
2. Skills and Competencies Requirement
- Experience working in a Customer and Sales Support role
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience in interacting with clients daily
- Computer savvy: ability to learn and utilize multiple computer systems
- Demonstrated proficiency and good judgment in managing project priorities and workflow
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability in being proactive, willingness to work on various projects as needed in addition to daily responsibilities
- Creative and innovative team player
- Willing to go above and beyond
- Uses support systems and processes to track and manage work
- Compliance with ITAR/Export Control regulations, which can be demonstrated by US citizenship.
Temporarily remote; office location in Fairport, NY
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) plan
- Work-Life balance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com