InnovationQ/InnovationQ Plus May 2019 Release Highlights
The next release of InnovationQ/InnovationQ Plus is scheduled for May 19, 2019. It will make it faster and easier to gain insight and focus on areas or documents of interest. An additional update will follow shortly after, in June, to bring even more value to IQ/IQ+.Stay tuned for more info and details.
New Features and Enhancements:
- New and Enhanced Map Highlights: Use the Semantic Map in new ways to understand a portfolio or technology space, spot trends, and more. In addition to Ultimate Parent and Current Assignee, new highlight options include: Publication Year, Inventors, CPC/IPC subclasses and subgroups, and NPL Authors/Inventors and Affiliations.
New and Enhanced Map Highlights:
Semantic Map Highlights
Note: Use the Semantic Map with any content type: Patents, NPL, or Pats + NPL.
Example: CPC Subclass Highlighted:
- Favorite Visuals: Create and save customized dashboards of up to six charts from Visuals, which help understand top players and inventors, trends over time, technical categories via CPC/IPC, AI-driven concepts in the results, and more. Access the most meaningful charts faster and see charts side-by-side to quickly gain insight into the results. (See screenshot below).
- Preferred Document – Prioritized De-dup Options: Set preferences to choose the representative family member for de-duped results.Settings include prioritized authorities, publication type (i.e. grant/app), and dates.
- “Any Name” and “Any Date” Filters: Name and date filters are easier to create and adjust. The process of finding a company’s portfolio can be unclear or tedious due to complex patent ownership.Use “Any Name” to create one filter that searches any or all name fields for faster and more thorough retrieval of a patent portfolio. “Any Date” allows an easy way to change date type.
- Pharmaceutical Data: Pharmaceutical data, including drug brand names and active ingredients, linked to patents from the US FDA “Orange Book” and Australian register is added to view, search, and export.
- NPL Related Terms: Additional keywords and categories, which are curated and provided by each NPL source, are added to view, search, and export. NPL related terms are source-specific.
- New Patent Content: Coverage increases to 115M+ patent documents from over 100 authorities from around the world.
- New NPL Content (IQ+ Only): Six new IEEE Xplore collections are added: IBM Periodicals, Morgan & Claypool eBooks, NOW eBooks, URSI Periodicals, VDE Conferences, and a collection of periodicals from China.
- Coming in June 2019: Search History and Reporting