Our search professionals use Patentability Search to help you discover and identify all art that is published prior to an invention, along with documentation with citations and excerpts from all references found.
Our patentability search service explores not only the granted and published applications of major patent offices, but also domain-relevant, non-patent literature. We deliver a concise search report that includes citations to sections of any prior art discovered as well as electronic copies of the referenced documents.
We advise our clients to conduct a Patentability search for:
- Early-stage innovation (ideation)
- Before filing a patent application (based on drafted claims)
Our Patentability search includes:
- Patent and non-patent literature sources in the United States, Europe, Asia, and other member-countries of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
- All of our CN, KR, JP and other foreign authorities include an English machine-translated document
- Additional sources are available upon request
What we need from you:
- A paragraph or single-page description of the invention, with the novel steps clearly delineated (drawings are often helpful); or
- A provisional or patent application draft, with the primary inventive steps (the embodiment or claims on which the search is focused) clearly delineated; or
- A document with the novel structures, compounds, and/or compositions (for a pharmaceutical or industrial chemical search)
For More Information
Download a Sample Report
If you’re here because you would like to download a sample Patentability Search Report, you’re in the right place. Fill out the form and we will direct you to the download.