Do you have a clear path to commercialization?
Our Freedom to Operate (FTO) search will help to identify potential patent barriers to commercializing your products or technologies. This due-diligence process examines the claims language of third-party and in-force patents as a means of assessing your risk of potential infringement.
Why you should conduct an FTO search:
- Support the clearance of products, technologies, or processes
- Assess your infringement risk
- Uncover licensing needs
- Provide direction for your product-development programs
Objective of an FTO search:
- To identify enforced patents or published patent applications with claims that cover the technology, process, or product you are targeting
IP.com’s search coverage includes:
- Enforced patents
- Published pending patent applications
- Expired patents (as potential clearing documents)
- Performance of broad, full-text searches on patent databases in your particular countries of interest
You only need to provide:
- A technology or product description (MS Word or PowerPoint format)
- Clear definition of the features or subcomponents that require clearance
- For a pharmaceutical or industrial chemical search, include the novel structure(s), compound(s), and/or composition(s)
- The scope of the search (i.e.,countries in which to focus/target the search)
- If available, a list of known competitors practicing in that area of technology
Your final results are based on a full review of the claims from the most relevant patents we find. Typical delivery time is seven to ten business days.