What is the current state of technology, and how is it relevant to your product?
If your company is thinking about entering into a new area of technology, a State of the Art search can lay the foundation for making critical market decisions based on competitive intelligence. Use the results as a framework for designing innovative products and processes. To make informed decisions about the future, you need to study the present.
Why you should conduct a State of the Art search:
- Research and development decisions
- Competitive intelligence
Objective of a State of the Art search:
- To provide you with a clear picture of the current patent literature scene in a general or specific area of technology
IP.com’s search coverage includes:
- Published patent applications
- Optional, relevant non-patent literature
You only need to provide:
- Time to spend with one of our team members to help us properly define the scope and target of your search; we encourage a phone call or face-to-face meeting
- A range of technology descriptions, including:
- Patent applications
- Product descriptions
- Chemical structure(s) and/or composition(s)
Turnaround time is usually quick, but ultimately depends on the specifications you provide.